Watching movies on TikTok takes us long hours. We haven't even put down our phone yet, and there is already a notification about a like, comment or newly added video by a friend.
We rarely monitor the time spent on the application, and we do not use the option of setting notifications in the case of exceeding the daily usage limit.
In addition to spending too much time, there may be several reasons for opting out of TikTok: a large amount of ads, too complicated application, or privacy and security issues.
Whatever the reason is, you have two options: temporarily deactivating your account or deleting it completely. Check how to use them step by step:
How to deactivate TikTok account?
- Open the TikTok app.
- Click the profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click the hamburger menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select as follows: Settings and privacy, Manage account, Deactivate or delete account.
- Click Deactivate account.
- Enter your login details for account verification, then confirm by clicking the Deactivate account button.
What happens when I choose to deactivate my account?
- You won't be able to search for your profile or see your shared content (except for sent messages).
- Your data will still be stored in the TikTok database in the case of an account activation.
- You will be able to activate your account at any time by logging back into the site.
How to delete TikTok account?
- Follow the same steps as for deactivating an account (1-4).
- Click Delete account.
- Select the reason for deleting the account and click Continue.
- Optionally download your data from TikTok, confirm that you have read it and click Continue.
- Read the consequences of deleting the account and click Continue.
- Enter your login details for account verification, then confirm by clicking the Delete Account button.
What happens when I choose to delete my account?
- Your account will be first deactivated for 30 days, then permanently deleted.
- During this period, you can cancel the account deletion process by logging in to the website again.
- After 30 days, your account and the content you shared will be deleted.
- Information unrelated to your account (e.g. messages sent) may still be visible to others.
Note that after deactivating or deleting your account, you still have the option to view other users' videos using TikTok Video Downloader, thanks to which you will remain anonymous and will not have problems related to the privacy and security of your account.