The number of Snapchat users is already over 350 million. With so many accounts, it's hard to create an original username, especially at the beginning of our adventure with the portal.
Over time, we find more interesting names that fit our profile better, or we decide to use the one that was previously taken. To do this:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Click on your bitmoji in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Username and then the blue text Change Username.
- Enter your new username and click Next.
- Enter your password again and click Next.
Done! You can only change your Snapchat username once a year, so it's worth considering your choice. Remember that any name change exposes your profile to loss of recognition, so we do not recommend doing it too often.