Social platforms like Instagram are very beneficial - they make it easy to share photos and videos with friends, make new contacts, help run a business and attract customers. With the growing popularity of our profile, the number of people who, for various reasons, do not like our content, also grows. As we all know, there's a lot of hate on the internet. There is also no shortage of it on Instagram.
What to do in a situation when some users discourage us from using the website normally in the form of negative messages in the chat, under posts or malicious reactions to our stories? All this can be overcome by blocking, and moreover, Instagram will not notify them about it. Just use one of the following methods:
Blocking in settings ⚙️:
- Launch Instagram and go to your profile.
- Open the Menu in the right top corner of the screen.
- Select as follows: Settings, Privacy, Blocked accounts.
- Click the plus sign in the top right corner of the screen to search for and add the user to the blocked list.
Blocking in chat 💬:
- Launch Instagram and go to the home screen.
- Click the DM (Direct Message) icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the Chats tab, open a conversation with the user you want to block.
- Click the username at the very top of the screen.
- Select the last Block option highlighted in red.
After blocking the user, he will not be able to find our profile in the search engine any more and tag us on posts, stories or mentions. As it was said before, Instagram will not send any information about the blocking to the user, but if he will try to search for us from a friend's account, and we won't appear in the search results, he will certainly guess about it. In addition, he can still view our Stories, Posts or Rells from web pages. If you want to take advantage of a less drastic solution, you can use the user restriction feature, which we will mention in the next article.