Instagram is a way for many people to do business, increase online visibility and make new contacts. As popularity and number of users increased, it has also become the target for online scammers. No It lacks attempts at extorting money, impersonating and sharing inappropriate content.
Almost every user of the social networking site is exposed to this kind of situation. Delaying in reporting a violation of the rules or resigning from it may increase the feeling of impunity on the Internet. Therefore, if you notice someone using your data or someone you know, please do not hesitate to report it to the Instagram Help Center which will take the steps to restrict or remove the suspicious profile before it causes any problems.
Someone is pretending to be me or a friend - where to look for help?
Depending on the type of violation of community rules, we have to send the appropriate form or use the anonymous report via the Instagram app. In the case of an account that is impersonating someone else, you have both of these options at your disposal:
1. Anonymously via the Instagram app
- Open the Instagram app.
- Visit the profile you want to report.
- Click the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select as follows Report, Report account, Impersonating someone.
- Select who the user is impersonating and submit a report.
After successfully creating the ticket, you can view its status in the Settings, Help, Support tickets, Reports tab.
2. Officially via the contact form
- Go to the form at this address.
- Select "Someone has created an account impersonating me or a friend".
- Select "Yes, I am the person someone is impersonating".
- Fill in your name, surname, e-mail address, enter the name of the account you are reporting and attach your photo with visible ID document.
Sending your ID document is unfortunately necessary, but much more effective than anonymous reporting using the Instagram app. So you can't submit a report for your friend, he has to do it in person. If you have trouble sending a file from your phone, try to update your browser or use a desktop computer. After submitting the form, you should receive an email confirmation that the ticket has been successfully created.